Sunday, March 6, 2011

Painting

In April/May last year, we were supposed to choose a picture of a person and paint him or her using acrylic paint. This is the picture I chose:



During this time, I was in China on an immersion program and so I had to use my 晚子息 time to paint. Luckily, my friends were very supportive and brought me food so I was able to use lunch time to paint as well.

It was my first time using acrylic and also almost my first time painting a person, so while I was mostly okay with the cloth, I didn't know how to paint the guy's face.

This is a (slightly edited) picture I took of the painting while in China in order to send it back to my teacher to be graded:



While my painting was far from perfect, I was glad that I had the opportunity to try out painting a person. Also, as part of the immersion program, I was able to obtain several sets of free acrylic paint! :D

1 comment:

  1. Poor girl, I didn't know that you had to give up your lunch time for this... :( Sorry to put you through this...

    Good job for a first attempt!

    ReplyDelete