Sunday, March 27, 2011

Inspiration

I was surfing the net recently (in an attempt to get away from studying from block tests) and I came across pictures which are somewhat related to my coursework. I haven't posted about my coursework yet, so by collating these images I hope you'll be able to form some idea of what I'll be doing. You're welcome to share your thoughts! :)


Disassembled Pentax - Todd McLellan

The original inspiration for my coursework. This guy does really cool stuff.




Butterflies in the stomach

I thought this was very clever and an interesting play on words.



Car (Taken at Shanghai Auto Museum)

I came across this in my photo archives. At the time I remember mentally noting it as a possibility under 'potential coursework ideas'.



Burgervetica - David Schwen

I think I saw this a few months ago but I stumbled upon this quite recently and thought it might be relevant.



The Chinese Girl - Peter Mason

"Artist Peter R. Mason (a.k.a. the Post Pop Art Man) recycles postage stamps to create replica paintings, landscapes, and portraits."



Still Life Blue Guitar - David Hockney

Since I am inclined to use photography and photoshop as my medium, this seemed useful.



Trial Separations - Anna Higgie

More hacking.

"If there is one thing that Pablo Picasso has taught the art world it is that simple and straightforward portraits can sometimes be a bit limiting. Barcelona-based artist Anna Higgie obviously share this view as, while her portfolio features more conventional studies of portraiture, she also ventures into a domain of visual deconstruction that is reminiscent of Cubism. Slicing, splicing and fragmenting her subjects, and using the abstract visual illusions of Op Art, Higgie’s works are stunning in their complexity. Indeed, her attention to the fracturing of subjectivity in monochrome is seemingly evocative of a whole new genre: Cubist Noir."



Umbrella Chandelier - Philippe Starck

"For Milan Design Week 2011, world renowned French crystal company Baccarat showcases a new collection of lighting solutions as designed by eight international designers. Within this Highlights Collection, Philippe Starck designed the Marie Coquine Chandelier, where he whimsically fused a candelabra with an umbrella." Just in case I decided that I didn't want photography as a medium, this made me realise that such a strange ideas was very possible in real life.



I might edit this post as a find more pictures. So, what do you think my coursework is about?

1 comment:

  1. Don't edit this post as you find more ideas... just create a new post!

    I am glad to see that you are starting to post on your coursework...

    I like the umbrella chandelier... I think will be quite a talking point if you have it in your house... :)

    Do continue and work on your ideas...

    ReplyDelete