Monday, March 21, 2011

Collaboration

My fellow art student Kerry and I collaborated for our final abstract piece. We had to base it on some strange abstract picture by some artist, but his/her signature was illegible and I couldn't find it on the internet to upload here (I might once I remember to ask for it and scan it in.) We had to merge our two pictures into one that mimicked the style of the original painting.

Since we had to use the same pictures as we did for the abstracts, my picture was still the starfish one-



And this was her picture (that I took at the Suzhou Museum). On a slightly irrelevant but highly interesting note, the designer of the museum, I. M. Pei, was the one who designed the Lourve Pyramid!




Anyway, our final product turned out like this. I suggested using photoshop as the medium, thinking that it would be easier and less messy because of all the geometric shapes. It turned out to be more tedious than I thought and in the end it turned out quite dubiously, but I think it was a good effort on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment