Thursday, March 3, 2011

Abstracts

For art class, we were tasked to find a drawing and do 20 different abstract drawings of it. This is the picture I chose:



I thought that this was quite pretty and simple. However, that meant I found it hard to think of ways to abstract it. A large number of them ended up looking quite similar to the original, so I'm not uploading them all.










I tried experimenting with different colours and styles, but it wasn't very abstract in the end. Despite their variations, this still them look quite repetitive as a whole. Even though it was hard to think up 20 different abstract ways of representing the pictures, I think I could have put in more effort to be creative and original.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, if the original image is too simple, you may find it rather limiting... I believe if your image is a bit more interesting in terms of composirion and details, you'd have come up with more variety...

    ReplyDelete