Monday, April 4, 2011

Cliches

So, more about my coursework. From my original idea of disassembly and reassembly I got to photomanipulation, and, inspired by the 'butterflies in the stomach' picture (check back if you haven't seen it!), I decided to represent clichés! And other things involving interesting visual imagery.

Here are some of my shortlisted phrases:
  • Ace up his sleeve
  • Wear your heart on your sleeve
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
  • Rifle for an arm
  • Dagger in the heart
  • Dressed to kill
  • Elephant in the room
  • Fall through the cracks
  • Flying colours
  • Looking at the world through rosy-coloured glasses
  • Paper tiger
  • Skeletons in the closet
  • Tempest in a teapot
  • When pigs fly

I'm still trying to work out which and how many of them I should choose, and how to make them seem pretty as individual works while keeping coherent as a whole. At the moment I'm quite settled on doing Paper Tiger, Tempest in a Teapot and Elephant in the room, but I'll likely need a few more. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment